Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Be My Sunday Morning

What Kind of Love are YOU Looking For?

Out and about running errands this morning, I heard a lyric in a country song that said…”I wanna be your Friday night.” And it made me stop and think. I don’t want someone to be my Friday night. I want to find the man who will be my Sunday morning.

I am waiting for the man that will enter my life…not for lots of drinking and sex with wild abandon. The one who skirts real conversations and deep connections but wants fun, laughter and all things easy. (not saying that any of those things are bad or even unnecessary in a Sunday morning relationship)

But I want the man who is my Sunday morning; who is calm in the storm, who speaks peace and contentment to my soul. The one who wants breakfast with his family before praising God together. The deeper connections, the foundation of strength and the ability to lean on his woman while she leans on him. The man who will truly embrace the Proverbs 31 views of a woman.

Proverbs 31 is at the base of my soul right now. Striving to be that amazing woman that surpasses them all.

“Many women have done excellently, buy surpass them all” Proverbs 31:29


I am working daily to pray harder and more earnestly. To teach my children how to pray in a voice that God will be pleased with. I am working on my financial status…to be a blessing to the husband that one day God will send me. I work on my education…studying, writing, stretching myself to challenge and inspire the people around me. I try. So. Hard…daily to be the woman you see on the street whose aura and presence is so strong that you may not know what makes her different…but you know that she is and you want to be like her. That is my mindset, that is my truth, that is what I am striving for…and finding a man or even friends and colleagues that just want to be my Friday night…aren’t going to allow me to get there. I need Sunday morning…what are you looking for? And what are you doing to attract those people? Think on it…and be blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Purging

Relentless whispering spirit blows strangely after me. Wandering like a plum moon--deep summer sky He comes as gold breath...shadowy storm...